Archery

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 11:20:31 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 17 May 2002, nichughes2001 wrote:

> Depending on circumstances I might require a tactics or alertness
> roll to be allowed to resist at all. You cannot dodge what you did
> not see coming.
>
> --
> Nic

That's true, but few of us are guaranteed to hit with a bow and arrows. If the target doesn't really have a chance to resist, I'd make the archer throw against a default 14. He/she can miss without the target doing anything.

If the target is standing still on open ground, I'd only allow a defence of 6.

(Both assuming the target doesn't know about the attack, and hasn't got anything odd like "anticipate attack" or such.)

Oh, and if the target is running, "run fast" is a good thing to resist the archer with.

pax,

        -Adept