RE: Re: Modelling EC consequences

From: MCGINNESS, Stephen <mcginnesss_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:07:55 +0100

> I'm not really comfortable with him being injured if his enemies
> never reached him, and in fact were driven off.

But surely that's where the construction of the initial contest is crucial. You have to determine the ultimate desires of each participant. The archer either wants to hold off the approaching people or kill them. Those approaching might want to obtain some item, kill the archer or reach a destination.

The narrator then has tro decide what the effects of the various levels of victory or defeat might mean. If the archer gets a complete defeat then it might simply mean that his opponents achieved their aims very quickly without any significant damage.

I think a group of archers, game mechanics wise, would be better working individually rather than as a group with pooled AP even if they were mooks, it would better reflect the increased effect of massed archers... (ie would give multiple opponent penalties rather than take longer to work down the AP). Opinions?