Re: Modelling EC consequences

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:48:08 -0000

You should know... so should I... (we've seen a few break, and been holding some of them).

But such an ocurrance is rare enough that I don't like it being used simply because the enemy beat you - it's a good fumble result. Arrow accidents are more common. At a LARP event a couple of weekends ago, one archer was hurt when some idiot in plate mail charged into her arrow while at full draw and drove the nock (the string end of the arrow) into her forehead. Fortunately (a tragedy to spoil such a face :-) it didn't dig in, and won't leave a scar. But still, these are accidents, not common consequences of failure. You have to be inventive to think up explanations, which is good in a way, but indicative of a counter-intuative system.

Wulf