Re: Modelling EC consequences

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:23:13 -0000

> I didn't notice anyone talking about formations of archers in rules
> terms, personally. The problem is, in what way can an 'Injured' result
> be applied & explained to an individual who remained out of range of
> the enemy, but lost while using his Ranged Combat to attack them?
>
> Certainly you should 'allow for individual consequences', but,
> compared to melee, these do not seem very convincing except in
> specific, and usually rare, circumstances. There isn't an apparent
> 'standard' form of defeat.

One possible way to think of this. If in the case where the archer cannot reasonably be injured, think of another major defeat. Maybe he stepped out of line and his captain no longer trusts him. Or maybe he missed so badly that all of his comrades believe that he could not hit a barn door at close range.

regards,
Charles