Re: Edges

From: doctorpeace <petermnordstrand_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 17:06:06 -0000

Wulf:

> > Woha! This is a great idea. In my experience, edges is where new
> > players start getting that Syntax Error look. Not to mention the
> > fact that this will speed up Extended Contests significantly.
>
> Will it? What it means is, if you take weapons & armour into account,
> you will have MORE AP, which will tke LONGER to wear down unless you
> bid higher (which you could do without this change anyway). What it
> does NOT do is to reduce AP faster (which Edges DID).

I did not say anything about reducing AP faster. I was talking about real time, not the number of rounds a contest takes. Since the new system gets rid of the constant calculations of adding your weapon's rank to your bid, then subtract the opponent's armor rank, my guess is that Extended Contests will run faster.

/Peter N