Re: Digest Number 926

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:42:01 +0800

Roger McCarthy wrote:
> bumped down is actually far worse than
> having your opponent get multiple bump ups as your chance for a fumble and
> thus your opponents chance of a complete victory is greatly increased.

This should make Simple Contests much better too. Now characters can kill (completely defeat) people without having to do an extended contest with a Coup de Grace.

> Given that two of my issues with HW is that contests between opponents with
> high starting APs can take an inordinately long time

Only if both sides bid low, which they should never do if they have many APS. Extended contests are for DRAMATIC contests, and low bids are cautions and thus not dramatic. We make a 'default' or 'normal' bid proportional (about 1/7) to current or starting APs.