Re: Donandar magic keyword

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:59:25 -0000

> Perhaps, but a kind of rhetoric I like. If you happen to know
> Rush, think of 2112 (their masterpiece IMO).
Can't stand Rush, prefer Siouxsie & the Banshees or Sisters of Mercy :)

> I really can't find something that interesting and deep in
Switch Places.
> What is it supposed to represent?

'Is it real, or is it Memorex?' - the fundamental problem of perceiving Reality and Illusion: which is which? Actually, in the somewhat abstract style of HW, I think Swap Places works rather well, assuming you don't use a map and figures to give the game away... 'OK, I attack the Donadari!' 'Oops... wrong one, that's an Illusion' 'Right, I'll attack the OTHER one!' 'Hmm... that's an Illusion too...'

> Is it necessary for an affinity to include feats? I think
illusions should
> always have an improv. modifier. Otherwise:
I'd say Feats are necessary to define known areas of ability, but even so, Improv. penalties can apply to anything over basic (singlesense)  Illusions. Having a Tribe8 Illusionist, I've been through all this before :) Illusions are my speciality in game rule terms these days... and once I figure how to get her converted back to HW (she was a RQ3 character, but Sorceresses are none too popular in Heortling society), I'll be happy! Maybe a Uleria/Donadar Initiate...

> Illusion (Create Illusion, True Perception, Switch Places)
>
> The last one isn't just an illusion, but also involves
movement, so I'm not
> sure it really belongs - perhaps it should be a secret after all.
Just make it a difficult feat, maybe D+20 (or however it's represented now).

Wulf