Re: Common magic.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 00:32:46 +0100 (BST)

> Its advantage is more along the lines of 'its funky.' It does let a
> player who's bound to have spirits and/or sorcery and/or divine magic
> do so without suffering from an excess of Missaplied worship.

Nope, sorry, still not "getting it". Aren't self-described magical abilities also funky? And don't they also typically avoid Misapplied worship maluses -- typically I'd assume such things were the same "system" as the user's other magic, unless it was pretty blatent they were not. ("Heortling godi with Necromantic essences." Hrm...) Far be it from me to turn my nose up at an extra "crunchy bit", but I don't see what this is doing that an explicit blessing that you can self-describe "inherent" magical effects without tying them to a maginal system would not.

> But I'd better be quiet too before something Godlearnerish happens to
> me too...

Well, OK then -- if no-one is allowed to spill the beans, and Greg is staying out of Carlsberg range this July (boo, hiss), then we'll just have to heckle Issaries to hurry up and publish it, I 'spose. Oh yeah -- we already did that.

Cheers,
Alex.