Re: Accumulator Contests

From: karamo <karamo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 10:17:08 -0000

What you could do is to aim at having the Complete Victory (4 VP) but with the right for the contestant having more VPs after round to stop the contest at any time.
Ex: you get 2VP (Minor Victory), over the first round. You have the higher VP (2 for you, 0 for the other contestant), so you can choose to continue the contest or not. Let's say your are not satisfied with this Minor Victory and decide to carry on the challenge. The next round, your adversary wins with a 3VP victory. At that stage, the adversary gets 3Vps, so a cumulative total of 1VP for him and 0VP for you. Now your adversary leads, and he can now decide to stop the challenge, leaving you with a Marginal defeat. You should have decided to stop the challenge at the first stage... So deciding to carry on can allow you a better VP level, but you are at risk of having the situation flipping over.

Alain.
http://karamo.nexenservices.com/glowar/rq.htm