Re: power levels

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:05:03 -0000

> It seems to me that much of the confusion about what various ability
> levels means may have stemmed from these two paragraphs. For
although
> the rules state that the 5W/1W/17/13 hero is default for a medium
> powered series, we've since seen that this is more the skill level
of
> a competent professional, and nothing remotely out of the ordinary.

I started my players out with 1x 5w, 2x 2w, etc and 10 points to spend buying up abilities 1-for-1. It might seem like a lot but in practice I haven't found any problems starting at that power level, and I think it gave them a bit of a confidence boost.

Since then they've had about 25-30 HPs worth of improvements. Nobody has reached w2 in anything yet, I don't think.

Simon