Re: Sense Runic Powers

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

badamson_at_...:
> Hmm, I suspect its not really as simple as this. There is Illusion
> and there is Illusion. There is the Illusion of temporarily creating
> a living breathing, eating cow

There's a difference, I think, between temporarily created, living, breathing, eating cow with duration 15 minutes (to take the traditional figure) and one with "duration" of numerous years (if not eaten beforehand). If I had a feat with a tag like "Detect Glamour" or "Detect Illusion", I would expect it to be sensitive to such distinctions. (It may be that this is an inherently hard thing to do, of course, but that's another matter.)

> and there is the Illusion of telling a lie. Humakt and Lhankor Mhy Truth
> magic seems geared towards the latter types of Illusion.

Indeed. Or in general, "deceitful intent" (which may also be involved in the first case, of course, quite separately from the temporal question).

> Humakt's Truth rune is not the Truth rune of the Celestial Court, it is
> a diluted, more specialized power. As, indeed, is his Death rune.

Ain't they all; ain't they all...