Re: Sense Runic Power

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:49:48 -0400

> About the only power that I can think of that might be able to detect
> such a "creation" in general is someting related to Time itself.

Any magic that can sense the past history of an object would do. If a full-grown cow has only existed for an hour, that's a pretty good clue.

Greg said ...
> BTW, I would think that a Detect Runic Power
> feat (or spell or whatever) would have some of
> the same limitations that Illusion magic would
> have. That is, if a Trickster had never seen
> an elephant and used illusion to create one,
> then it would be an elephant as he knows it:
> some weird creature like the elephants
> illustrated in medieval bestiaries, for
> instance.

I can see the reasoning here, but if Trickster can create something they just -believe- exists, then they can create anything. Trickster A lies to Trickster B, or even, a Trickster lies to himself (finally, a powergaming use for the RQ Hallucinate spell!).

And, this does seem to take us back to the problems of a Trickster affecting senses he doesn't possess.

Andrew