Sense Runic Powers - an example

From: eg0sum <eg0sum_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:00:43 -0000

In Simon Hibbs' game something like the following arose, the details may not be exact but the points seem to be worthy of consideration.

A lunar assassin, using illusion powers to disguise herself, killed a dignitary at a party.

My Irripi Ontor character used the See + Hear Historical Events feat to see what happened. He also used See Runic Powers to enhance his view of the scene - can he percieve the illusion power being used? Or was the power used only at the point which the disguise was created, the diguise now being part of reality?

(From discussions here it seems that the later is the case)

Next, A local priest with his flunkies used the See + Hear Historical Events feat to divine what happened.

My Irripi Ontor character used See Runic Powers to see what the priest was up to. At the same time, the assassin used her Illusion powers to change the perception of the priest so that the scene he saw was not excatly what occurred.

Can my PC see the illusion power being used by looking at the priest? Can he see it if he looks at the assassin? Or can he see some kind of otherworldy battle between truth and illusion going on?

It's worth considering what the illusion power is being used to do. It obviously can't change what happened in the past. So is it changing the priest's perceptions and if so, does this illusion only affect the priest?

Steve