Re: Sense Runic Powers - an example

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:40:48 -0000

> My Irripi Ontor character used the See + Hear
> Historical Events feat to see what happened.
> He also used See Runic Powers to enhance his
> view of the scene - can he percieve the
> illusion power being used?

All in my opinion based on what Greg has posted...

No - there is no such magic as "Illusion". In Glorantha, Illusion is a meta-magic that allows the user to make other types of magic (within the limits of their experience and knowledge). So either the assasin used their illusion to create a change form magic (very difficult) or to create a disguise magic. The See Runic Powers would, if successful, see one of these two magics.

Changing history after the fact to accomodate what we know now, it would actually be more likely that the assasin had deception/disguise magic rather than illusion.

regards,
Charles