Re: Re: Sense Runic Power

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

> Suppose Jimmy Trickster character creates an illusory cow and sells
> it to Joe Cottar.
>
> Would the cow have detected as a cow using cow detecting magic?(yes)

Yes indeed. (Assuming, as we evidently have been, that it's a fullyrealized  enough creation to have a full range of cow-like attributes.)

> If Jimmy was asked if it's a real cow, and said yes, would he
> have been shown a liar by lie detecting magic?(no)

Depends on a) state of mind, and b) how good the lie detecting magic is. Trickster being Trickster, it's equally possible on the one hand that he believes he's stolen the essence of Uralda's magic, and can create "real cows"; it's equally possible he thinks of it as an "illusory cow", as any 'neutral' observer from his culture would.

> In any case, the world, and the elements within it, are the product
> of magic. "The world is an Illusion", etc.

This is a cultural perspective. (IMO.)