Re: Re: Sense Runic Power

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:18:18 +0100 (BST)

eg0sum_at_...:
> My Irripi Ontor character used the See + Hear Historical Events feat
> to see what happened. He also used See Runic Powers to enhance his
> view of the scene - can he percieve the illusion power being used? Or
> was the power used only at the point which the disguise was created,
> the diguise now being part of reality?

In this instance you have the added difficulty of trying to "stack" those magics. Even if you could perceive such a thing in person, could you necessarily do so via the medium of another perception magic? ("Limited bandwidth", as it were.) Or certainly that would be a bigger "but", if you were to say "yes, but".

> My Irripi Ontor character used See Runic Powers to see what the
> priest was up to. At the same time, the assassin used her Illusion
> powers to change the perception of the priest so that the scene he
> saw was not excatly what occurred.

Let's be clear that this is a quite different type of magic: i.e., a perception-effecting one, not a temporary creation. (One might call the former a Delusion, and the latter a Glamour.) Whether both are types of "Illusion" is less than clear, especially given that the concept of "Illusion" seems to be in the process of being semi-Gregged.