Re: Sense Runic Power

From: eg0sum <eg0sum_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:26:47 -0000

Well, rolling a 1 certainly got round any of those kinds of difficulties but once again I'm a bit dismayed by the lack of clear information in the published material. Either the GM has to do a lot of thinking on his feet, and somehow stay consistent whilst covering all his/her bases or things tend to get a bit messy.

I'm not saying Simon didn't deal well with this situation but it's quite hard to play under these circumstances, particularly for those players who aren't well-versed in Glorantha lore (and that would be most of us). It's not the first misunderstanding we've had over what things mean.

Still, on the basis that an illusion is a temporary piece of reality, what does that mean for the cows fertilised by the illusiory bull? Do they have phantom pregnancies? Or if there's enough duration on the illusion do you get calves, half of which disappear when the spell duration ends? And in this case, which half?

Can a trickster forgo the nicities of getting a bull to do the business and just use illusion to impregnate a cow? Or is fertilisation in Glorantha less to do with biology and more to do with the power of Ernalda?

I guess the answer is, take the best shot in your game, but don't expect the same answer from every GM.

Steve