Cowed by an Illusion

From: Peter Larsen <peterl_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:16:40 -0500

At 1:00 PM +0000 6/21/02, simon_hibbs2 wrote:

>> > That's not how illusions work in Glorantha. For example, I would
>> > expect a 'fake' bull created by trickster magic to be able to
>> > impregnate cows.
>>
>> Even if the Trickster had no thought of or interest in such a
>possibility?
>> Even if he has no Uralda-connected magic at all?
>
>I think it is possible for him to do so.

        The trick, in this case, would be fooling Uralda -- she's the one that makes calves after all. Everyone would see the mating, but unless the goddess noticed (a Complete Success? A high resistance?), no calf. If she does notice and is fooled, the calf is a real calf. If she notices and is not fooled (a fumble? a Complete Defeate?), she notices and is not amused. Unless the Trickster is found out, she curses the clan -- no milk, obstreperous cows, irritable bulls, or, worse, a calf is born with a flaw --it is the most beatiful cow ever; everybody wants it; the clan is raided continuously; everyone who gets it suffers.... Don't laught at the Cow Mother; she will whip your sorry ass!

Peter Larsen