Re: Learning feats from subcults

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:32:28 +0100

charlescorrigan wrote:

> In the players book page 181-182, there is mention of learning
> specific feats from other subcults without joining the subcult. As the
> rules for theists were substantially revised in Thunder Rebels and
> Storm Tribe, do these original rules still apply?
>
> Specific example. My character is a devotee of Issaries the Guide.
> Can he learn a feat, such as Find Escape Route, from Gultha
> Goldentongue's Travel affinity by just spending 1 Hero Point (doubled
> if not related to the story)?

I'd say definitely not.

The player of a devotee of Gultha must spend 1 HP (2 HP if unrelated to session) to acquire a Gultha feat. If the player of a devotee of any other Issaries sub cult could the same there would be no difference between the sub cults.

Indeed, I would enforce a rule that you may not improvise feats which are closer to a different cult's feats than to your own, unless both feats were in a recognizable 'overlap' area.