Re: Illusion

From: moonbroth <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:26:43 -0000

Reinforcing Alex (not that he needs it):

> That's sheer semantics.

It seems to me that deploying weasel words and semantic arguments to constrain what players and narrators can do in a rules-lite narrativebased  storytelling game which prides itself on its *extremely* loose systems for assigning abilities would be both foolish and dangerous.

("You wrote 'illusion', not 'semblance'. Illusion magic always makes permanent changes in Glorantha. Your character concept is screwed!").

I find myself rather alarmed by the way our previous understanding of rather well-fleshed out Gloranthan concepts is expected (by some) to chop and change to fit the prevailing wind from Murmansk.

I accept that I may be in a minority here.

Cheers, Nick