Glorantha Con VIII (Long)

From: Jeff Kyer2 <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:30:08 -0400

Glorantha Con Needs You!

The world of Glorantha beckons and the Glorantha Tribe gathers once more!
Glorantha Con VIII will be held in Toronto, Canada, in March 2003.

Guests of Honor

Greg Stafford and John Hughes

Other guests include (so far!):

Robin Laws, Sandy Peterson, Ken Rolston, Stephen Martin and Roderick Robertson

We need your help!

We need brave volunteers to run events for us and to help out at the Convention. We’re trying to gather as many of the old guard and the new to bring to North America the kind of Gloranthan fun that has been far too long absent from these shores - those Europeans shouldn’t have all the fun!

The theme this year is Lunars. The Empire waxes strong and the exploration of this mighty Colossus is the focus of many upcoming publications. We want to help the Gloranthan Tribe to exchange ideas and views, and to have some fun exploring the Big Red Moon and the Empire along the way.

Call For Events

If you have an event you want to run, contact Gloranthacon_at_.... Your event can be for HeroWars, RuneQuest, boardgames, miniatures, a Live Action game or a seminar topic. We don’t mind as long as its about Glorantha! If you have an event you’d like to run, it doesn’t have to be Lunar in nature but it is encouraged.

Running an event earns a $20 discount off from pre-registration cost. Running a second event gets you in free.

Special events so far include the GTA Dinner, Lore Auctions, Seminars, Sing-Alongs, Geo’s, and many other planned events.

When is it?

March 7th to 9th, 2003

Where is it?

Glorantha Con is being held at the Toronto Colony Hotel, 89 Chestnut St., Toronto, Ontario. Call Toll Free 1-800-387-8687 (or 416-977-0707) or link to www.colonyhoteltoronto.com
<http://www.colonyhoteltoronto.com> and reserve your room. To get our
convention room rate, make sure you mention you are a part of Glorantha Con!

Single or Double$109 CDN (about $70 US)
Triple $124 ($80 US)
Quad $139 ($90 US)

Con rates extend from Wednesday, March 5th to Sunday, March 9th. Remember to book your room before February 14th so we can make our room commitment!

Other Activities

For those who are not wanting to spend their whole time in Toronto dealing with All Things Glorantha, we have organized a walking tour of downtown Toronto, designed to hit some of the museums, galleries and parks. For some highlights, checkout www.toronto.com for some hot tips.

Pre-registration

Pre registration for the weekend is $50 (US) Pre-Registration will be open until Feb 1, 2003. All pre-payments must be received by Feb 3, 2002

GTA dinner is an additional $25 (US) and seating is limited

Sign up online at www.gloranthacon.com or mail us at:

Glorantha Con VIII
374 Glenholme Ave
Toronto, Ontario
M6E 3E5 Canada

Make all checks and money orders payable to Gloranthacon. Paypal is also accepted. Send funds to Glorantha_at_...

Advertising

Interested in getting the word out at the Con? Contact us for ¼, ½ and full page ads in the program book or in the pre-registration book. Banner and link space on the website is also available. Contact us for rates.

Other Ways to Contact Us:

Discussion of the convention and ideas as well as help and advice for events can be found at gloranthacon_at_yahoogroups.com
<mailto:gloranthacon_at_yahoogroups.com>

Email us at gloranthacon_at_...
<mailto:gloranthacon_at_...>

Hope to see you there!

The TorontoGloranthaCon Ring