Re: Learning feats from subcults

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:02:16 -0000

My opinion, after ruminating on this for a while is that devotees (and possibly even initiates) can do this. The rules protection against abuse is that the feat is standalone and starts at a rating of 12.

The obvious next question is, well if an initiate can get a feat from a different subcult, why can't he get a feat from his own? Well, why not? As long as it is recorded as a standalone feat, separate from the affinity and raised separately. If the initiate later becomes a devotee, then the feat goes back into the affinity possibly with a bonus if the initiate had raised the standalone feat.

> Indeed, I would enforce a rule that you
> may not improvise feats which are closer
> to a different cult's feats than to your
> own, unless both feats were in a
> recognizable 'overlap' area.

I agree(ish). If the feat is an obvious interpretation of the affinity then either subcult can improvise/use it. However, the interesting subcult specific feats are often very loose interpretations of the affinity meaning and I would certaionly agree that a devotee of a different subcult could not improvise these.

regards,
Charles