Re: Illusion

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:46:55 -0000

> So what happens to that other classic Truth cult Humakt when a
Humakt
> Rigsdal devotee wanders along with his See Past Illusion? Does he
> see a translucent cow that everyone else thinks is real? I think
we
> can skip the 'Rationalise Furiously' HP, Greatsword should do just
> fine.

The Rigsdal guy rolls his See Past Illusion ability against the tricksters Create Fake Cow ability, and may the most amusing outcome win! In HW this isn't remotely a problem.

If the cow is a very good illusion, yet the Rigsdal guy still gets a superior result, he can tell somehow that the otherwise prefectly cow-like cow was the product of illusion magic. Quite how that appears to him is mootable.

This is one of those Irresistable Force vs Immovable Object situations that happen so often in Glorantha, and I see no reason to get overly concerned about it any more than I do any of the others.

Simon Hibbs