Re: Re: Illusions [was Sense Runic Power]

From: Paul and Lucinda Rasmussen <rasmuss_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:25:41 -0400

> > I know it was possible to produce such effects
> > using Sorcerous illusion magic in RQ3, but asside from that I don't
> > recall anything that leads me to believe such magic exists.

The RuneQuest Companion for RQ2 had Rune Magic Illusions written up, spells such as Frame, Motion, Odor, Raste, Sight, Sound, and Substance could be stacked to create just about anything you wanted. The more points you stacked the larger or louder or smellier the illusion would be. Illusions are defined as real for the duration of the magic and could do damage based on their Substance. The Priest was simply molding the magic that held Glorantha together into a form she desired at the time.

I always took this as an insight, believeing that the Illusionists were probably the closest to unlocking the secrets of Dragon Magic since they weren't so much calling upon the power of their god to do something as using the secrets of their god to unlock the secrets of the world.