Re: Affinity and Mythology (was A thought on limiting improvisation)

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:56:56 -0000

I have considered requiring mythology rolls to improvise feats, but hit two problems:

  1. why should you know a feat one week, then promptly forget it the next, based on a roll of the die? To be fair, you'd have to note all improvised feats (not an arduous task, but more paperwork).
  2. why is a devotee improvising a feat he has not cemented (whatever that means to the CHARACTER) be any different to an Initiate improvising a feat? Both are using unfamiliar powers.

I don't think imposing a penalty AND requiring a mythology roll is fair, so I stuck to the penalty.

I don't see how basing it on feats already known works - is it positive "Oh, I know that Afinity so well, it's easy to improvise from it", or negative "Ah, I've just about run out of feats in that Affinity".

> Furthermore, you could increase (or decrease) the HP cost to
improve
> an affinity depending on the number of feats the character has.

As above, which would it be?

Wulf