Re: Berserk feats

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:47:35 -0000

If you mean in terms of "Injured"/"Wounded"/"hurt" (ie penalties to the Dice Roll) then, while this is true, it will be equally true of any other tactic*. If you just mean "Low on AP" then it shouldn't affect it that much...

> --the 1/3-of-ability edge hardly seems worth it for the flexibility
> given up and the danger to other PCs

I thought it was 1/4 - and it depends on your ability - Harrek the Beserk with his 10w4 gets an Edge of ^22. With a starting score of 17 you get just ^4

(looking at it another way, if you tried for an edge of 4 you would be rolling 17 vs 10 - 6.5% of ^8, 48% of ^4, 40% of ^-4 and 3% of -8 - Harrek trying for ^22 rolls 10w4 vs 15w2 - 24% of ^44(!), 67.5% of ^22, 3.75% of ^-22...)

> --Is it really that deadly when used? Don't have any experience with
> this...

The only time I have seen it used the PC carved his way through a couple of the enemy then on a failure vs failure roll managed to knock himself out as he took down the final one!

*Thinking about it, one of the things I think of wrt berserkers is the ignoring of wounds - maybe someone under the influence of Berserker magic ought to ignore wound penalties in some way?