Abilityscales

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:31:33 EDT

Dear Group!

There is something,i´m not quite sure about:it´s the abilityscale in HW.As we all know,everything in HW is a skill.And every twenty points of skillrating,we have a THRESHOLD,that is a mastery. If you look at the resistances for simple contests,regarding lifting weight and manufacturing objects,you could deduct the following qualifiers:

-no mastery=layman;ordinary;natural skill
-one mastery=trained
-two masteries=master
-three masteries=expert;hero(lifting cattle-only someone like herkules,who
was a demigod,was capable of)
-four masteries=superhuman;legendary(lifting a chariot and the horses)
-five masteries="magical";"impossible"
-six masteries=mythical;divine(lifting a whole ship,surely something,that
only gods can do)

so this all relates to HUMAN possibilities. If you have a look at"Anaxial´s Roster",the whole thing seems to be a bit different.For instance the fighting skills of natural beasts,seem to be in categories like this(,with 5W the best a natural animal can have):

10=clumsy
12="slow"(Elephantbodyslam)
15=good(Dog)
18=fast(Cat)
2W=highly agressive(Tusk Boar)
5W=fast predator(Lion)

While it´s clear that a wildliving animal will never be "trained",it still could have skills than could be called superhuman.Argumenting,that a snake is very quick and thus it´s attack would deserve a rating of "heroic"e.g.something in the W3 scale.So my question is:to what do ratings relate?Is the scale accordant to all phenomena´s in the world or do they relate to human´s only?
If you want to be able to compare all ratings with each other,they should be based on one perspective,that is the whole world.Which means the scale describes all things with one "view".
So how can an ordinary human have "Run Fast" at 2W(a trained runner,maybe a messenger),when the Run Fast ability of a horse is also 2W???? greetings
Christian