Re: Opinions wanted

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 20:06:07 -0700

> Question: Are diseases covered in HW? I can't see how the old RQ
> diseases will work, as there are no Stats like STR, CON, etc. for
> them to work on...

Not covered.

There are any number of ways to deal with 'em.

  1. treat them like a ability that rolls once a [hour/day/week/month] and acts as a penalty to all Physical or mental (or possible magical, or only specific) abilities.
  2. treat them like a malign integrated passion spirit.
  3. some diseases might be malign integrated skill spirits, possibly giving "Insane" or other personality traits
  4. treat them like a (non-normal-healing-method wound) that reduces all abilities by -1, -1/2, no ability.
  5. it acts as a Poison (use poison rules)

As you can see, HW lets you attack more than just the traits of the character; *anything* is fair game.

Anyone can try to cure a disease, but will have greater or lesser success depending on the Otherworld realm it comes from.

> Opinion: Been working out some of the 'extra' deities I need for our
> old RQ campaign to be rejuvinated, chiefly Urox and his favourite
> opposition, the Chaos Cults. It's been mentioned on this list, but
> what are the chances that later HW publications will 'allow' Chaos
> cults to mix Theist and Animist worship? I can't figure how else to
> cover some of the Chaos Cults, like Malia (yes, OK, she's not ALWAYS
> Chaotic, but she uses spells AND spirits to cause diseases)... Oh,
> yes, and am I right in thinking the Praxians are Animists?

It hasn't come up at Issaries yet. Mixed worship is possible, though it has its problems. I can't say one way or another at this point.

RR