Re: Ability scales As Story

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 12:17:38 +0100

>Everyone knows that a horse can run faster than a person. The game does
>nothing to define the relative speeds of a horse and person, but in the
>story your human may learn to run as fast as a horse. He will have a human
>bonus to his Run ability.

I think this is a mistake - if two characters have the same rating in 'Run' then a running contest between them should be about a fifty-fifty chance, even if one of them is a horse. Anything else adds unnecessary complexity to the game. Personally, I just up the numbers in Anaxial's to something that seems more reasonable to my stories, but use them to give an indication of whether, e.g., a horse can outrun a wolf.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson