Re: Worldscale again

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 04:16:14 EDT

Wulf said:

<With one Mastery, and no
<resistance, you don't fumble (a fumble is bumped to a failure). With
<two, you don't fail either. That's with NO resistance, a straight
<Ability check, with all the time & preparation needed. That is a good
<indication of a master, but is not superhuman. Superhumans ALWAYS crit
<- three masteries or better. Of course, with some resistance, you CAN
<still fail or even fumble, but that's human too :-)

A very clear example- thanks a lot Wulf !! I can see now, how my attempt to change the meaning of masteries was wrong.

<Personally I want
<two masteries to be the highspot in general skill achievement (most
<folks should get there with a couple of skills), anything higher to be
<exceedingly rare.

I definitely agree!

<it's also in favour of Uz, Aldryami,
<Minotaurs (well, MY Minotaur) and every other player character <race.

I would really like to see that(your´s) Minotaur, would you like to post it ?!!

<If you mean the idea of the low numbers(in AR), it looks like it was
<designed to fit an earlier idea, where two masteries WAS superhuman -
<so it should suit you just fine!

I see....

So how about, trying to make up some tables, with help of the group, for modifying creatures and designing your own?!

In "AR", I found these animal- attackratings, the value in [brackets], is my suggestion :

10-awkward(eagle´s claws)[10]
12-slow(elephant bodyslam)[12]
15-good(dog)[5W]
18-fast(cat)[15W]