Re: Attempting to lead you all to illumination on worldscale

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:09:49 -0000

The problem with this approach is that a hero who decides to concentrate on running might not stop (or even start there).

"I want to be able to run as fast as a Sable Antelope" - OK take "Run as fast as a Sable" as a magical skill

OK now I want to develop my "Run as fast as a Sable" so I can become as fast as a Telmori Wolf .... Then a horse ... then a Bolo Lizard"

Do you end up needing half a dozen separate skills for running? and if you have "Run as fast as a horse" 8W ( which is Goldeneye level) and "Run as fast as a Bolo Lizard" 18W, and "Run as fast as Jesse Owens" 10w3 which do you use to attempt to outrun the Giant wasps with their "Fly Fast 10W" (and if it is the latter, why can't you also use that to outrun the Horse and the Bolo Lizard?).

What I think Anaxials is missing is the "benchmark" to say that it is designed for starting characters and you may need to scale the numbers up appropriately for more advanced adventurers (per the Narrators book)