Re: My Worldscale conclusion so far

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:56:22 -0000

I'm with Graham and Nick Brooke on this. Providing usable examples of resistances and opponent that HW Narators can actualy use in their games is _not_ simulationism, it's plain common sense.

As for the argument that opposition should be appropriate to the needs of the story, I agree absolutely. That doesn't mean that examples or default values are useless, it just means they are guidelines. To my mind, the correct scale against which example resistances and opponents should be gagued is starting characters.

Is anybody realy going to argue that example resistances and opponents that beginning Narrators can use to pit against their player's newly generated characters are not usefull?

Simon Hibbs