Re: Animal keywords (Was something about worldscale...)

From: jeffkyer <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:22:32 -0000

Me too. Though I admit I season things with situation modifiers, trying to use at least a little common sense.

> AR seems more in line with the ability scale in the original
> draft, whereas the scale in subsequent publications has
> undergone a certain amount of inflation. I'd just increase
> the AR ability ratings to bring them into accord with the newer
> scale. Much simpler than adding modifiers.

I think its more of a case that any early supplement seems to built on rough drafts rather than finsished product. I recall vividly how poorly early Vampire or Werewolf supplements matched their parent rules. Its an unfortunate artifact of production and writing.

We had similar problems with 7th Sea and L5R RPGs as well.

Jeff