Re: add-on to comparing ratings-rodericks answer

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:31:48 +0100

>What cannot be done, in my view, is assigning any creature a general rating,
>so it can be pitted universally against any other creature OR pc.
>Or in other words, a rating can, in my point of view,not be universally
>assigned(like in a bestiary), so that it works anytime and without relation
>to a story,without an adjusting modifier.

Well, yes and no. A creature can have standard abilities, provided you are willing for some characters to not be "tough" enough (in some sense) to deal with it, while others are "too tough" for the creature to be a challenge. In many ways this is a good thing - players get the sense that their characters are really improving - being able to pretty much ignore challenges that would have been too much for them a year ago.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson