Re: add-on to comparing ratings-rodericks answer

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:26:56 -0000

> Well, yes and no. A creature can have standard abilities, provided
you are
> willing for some characters to not be "tough" enough (in some
sense) to
> deal with it, while others are "too tough" for the creature to be a
> challenge.

One of the more obvious cases of this is in the bestiary that seems to have started this discussion is of course Close Combat vs Gonn Orta.

In the case of a race against a horse I would simply apply improv modifiers depending on the nature of the race; out in the open point to point (i.e. a horse race) the horse would have a huge advantage; running round narrow streets and/or on tricky terrain the human runner would be under the lesser penalty. To some extent I am inferring qualifiers on abilities from their context so humans have Run (like a human) and horses have Run (like a horse), I see no real problem with this.

--
Nic