Re: Clan-gen.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:16:09 +0100 (BST)

> > would be if one were using a mix-and-match set of questions for some
> > particular special case circumstance.) As a result of the changes
> > (and in some cases, apparently just for the heck of it!), some
> questions
> > seems to have very little 'determinative' value any more.
>
> True. But these are "global" questions. Every heortling ancester was
> scarred by certain events...
>
> A sort of 'where were you when you found out JFK had died' or, more
> modern, 'What were you doing on 9/11' - watershed events.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they're "important questions". I just think their importance could be reflected in the clan profile a bit more. After all, that's the point of asking them _in the context of clan generation_, as opposed to at any other point in play, if they don't matter for "clan stats".

> Yeah. And you can derive your clan's other shrines/tenmples from the
> actions you chose fairly readily (but if they'd put THAT into the quiz
> it would have easily topped 40 pages - which is a bit much)

Shrines and temples from the old version is little loss; that seemed to be a little clunky, anyway. And since there's no fixed game-mechanical meaning to having a "shrine" or a "temple" as there was in RQ.