comparing ratings in roderick´s view

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:53:26 EDT

Roderick said:

<I don't give a darn what the real world abilities of a falcon, <monkey or
<fish are, I want to know how they compare to my ability to run.
<The difference in chance of "winning" should lie in the ability <rating, not
<some "Horses are faster, so it should get a bonus" dodge. If you <think the
<horse should be faster, than upgrade its ability rating to allow it <to beat
<most people who have spent some HP on Running.

Like most of the times, i found Roderick´s answer very convincing,except one more question, that i have:

If any ability says, how good you are at something and thus "Run Fast" shows how good you are at running and that in consequence has some kind of "realworldspeed"BUT we don´t care about, in the game(for instance because it would gaming too complicate,which i think is a good argument)-then still a cheetah with a rating of "RunFast12" must be quite lame ,right?! So any "respectable"cheetah should have a much higher rating(if we assume that they CAN run 114kmh in our gameworld),right?!

Also i wonder how being Large can be called an ability of: how good i´m, at being large.....Does that mean Large is an ability how good you can use your large in opposition to BEING large.Ability versus capability?

Christian