RE: Re: House Rule: Divine Strike

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:46:04 +0100

> giangero wrote:

> > The scene (one to be played still and maybe never) involves a major
> > patron NPC who is a disciple-level with W3 and W4 in
> plenty, and who
> > uses the DS (TM) in the underworld to maim/escape-from Krarsht
> > herself (probably from the inside of her lovely mouth). But
> in doing
> > so he frees himself and the playing heroes at the cost of severely
> > weakening his magic permanently (a sort of HQ challenge without the
> > benefit of acquired skill).

>From you description I would say that your disciple had engaged in some
sort
of quest challenge as you suggested [Disciples get sucked into heroquests all the time] and had
LOST. Krarsht then having got what he wanted [The wagered ability] then spat the dregs back out so he could consume what he had stolen.

So you then have the same end result of the Disciple being wreaked but still having effectively having saved the PC's from a gristly fate by accepting the quest challenge in the first place. The pc's not having the minimum abilities required to take up the challenge apparently.

Though you could offer them the choice of accepting the challenge, with almost certain failure evident, and let them see the consequences of there refusal when the disciple is severely weakened. If one of the PC's does pick up the challenge then they do lose one of there best abilities instead. But they will have proven to be a true hero in the process and will gain a powerful ally for later.

This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender.
We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to postmaster_at_... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at WWW.MITSUIBABCOCK.COM