Krarsht Abides (was Re: House Rule: Divine Strike)

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:48:01 -0700

giangero <giangero_at_...> wrote:

> If Krarsht (in my scene) wins, from her point of view, and achieves a
> major (not complete) victory, but doesn't get to keep the heroes and
> the disciple in her mouth, just enjoying a "morsel of power", isn't
> she in some way defeated? She hasn't accomplished her goal (to
> kill/devour/imprison for all eternity) the humans. I know that
> Krarsht is chaotic and she could be simply mad, but mind me, I don't
> want her to sound too easily "satisfiable", nor my players to think I
> have fudged to save their souls (even in a narrative way): that's one
> of the things I hate to do when I narrate.

Krarsht is, after all, the *waiting* mouth. She is nothing if not patient.

>From her point of view, any gain at all is a victory--she is forever
just a little bit stronger, whereas those heroes who escaped will die sooner or later anyway.

But if you want to get more nasty... She's tasted them. A part of them *is* Krarsht now. This might have unpleasant consequences for them. She might follow them back into the mundane world in some way--assasins hunting them down, Krashtkids lurking in shadows, a mysterious bit of magical opposition in some (seemingly unrelated) fight down the road...

Have the players all put "Flaw: Krarsht thinks you're yummy: 5W" on their character sheets. If nothing else, it'll make them sweat.

--AMS, just running off at the mouth...