Re: Character creation : question from a novice

From: yinkin_the_cat <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:00:18 -0000

This almost looks like another one of us superior Canadian types, eh?

> cunning character without scruples"), I add a bit of flavour by
> saying for instance than he "has learned to read people's
attitudes"
> or "anticipate troubles".
>
> Now, when allocating points, if I put "Cunning" as the main trait
at
> 5W, what is the point of even listing the more specialized
> keywords ? After all, if I also list "anticipate trouble : 13" my

As much as I hate to say it, it depends a lot on your narrator. Cunning usually means that he (she?) thinks outside the box or is ingenius. Does it mean "anticipates trouble"? It depends on the type of trouble.

Another way to look at it is what could you use "anticipates trouble" for that "cunning" may not do? Maybe it turns out (as the ability gets better) that you character is actually magically attuned to danger and has spidey-senses.

> I realize this might be already answered in the rules, but I'm not
> sure where.

I don't think that it is.

Wesley