Re: Re: Last actions as played

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:57:21 -0700

Roderick:

Nick Brooke:

>>> i.e. they don't want to routinely administer coups de grace
>>> (assuming this represents "looking after him").

Andrew S.:
>> Not necessarily. In the HW rules, it says you can prevent a defeated
>> enemy from performing a final action just by having a character (e.g.
>> a follower) "watch them".

Nick:

> Presumably these rules would not satisfy the people Roderick alluded
> to above, i.e. people who don't want to have to "watch" / "look after"
> their defeated enemies. So I don't see why you mention them.

Roderick can speak for himself, but I believe he was referring to the very rule I'm citing. i.e. As a middle-ground between "kill every downed foe" and "let downed foes FA the heck out of you", he suggested that a player might specifically tell the narrator, "Every time one of my foes goes down, have my weakest follower drop out of the fight to watch [not kill!] that foe."

I note that he used the phrase "look after". You interpreted "look after" as meaning "kill", and while I respect your inclinations ;-), I don't think that's what Roderick was saying...

--AMS