Re: Last actions as played

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:00:32 -0000

I'd agree with Charles - You can't very well take a "final action" if you are still able to act normally.

Now whether there should be a mechanism to let you (re)generate AP's if you can afford to skip a couple of rounds of an ongoing contest is another matter... Let's make it a debate, and you have been badly defeated leaving you down to a few AP's, while your companions are managing to hold their own, and have managed to "shout down" one of the opponents - rather than immediately press on, you decide to use your "Mythology of Orlanth" to come up with another precedent supporting your cause. As the rules stand, you can either augment your skill (improve your chance of getting your point across) or give yourself an edge (make the argument more telling) - but since the contest has already started, you can't improve your AP's.

Does this matter - as a Hero you can always bid above what you have left anyway. (It might matter if you can't be sure of winning)

And it could be abused (send one PC in to face the opposition, the rest use AP lending to boost his AP total. tehy then claim to be "out of the action" and use this to regenerate their AP's and lend them again.

On balance, I'd say to achieve this sort of effect, I'd take the unrelated actions to boost the relevant skill via augmentation, then bid big and blow a HP (if necessary) to get a Critical success and transfer from the opponent...