Re: Last actions as played

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 08:06:56 -0000

I find it disappointing, after all the other tedious detail on creating a 'realistic' culture, that people should balk at what was a normal, accepted, practice in most ancient cultures - the killing of defeated enemies. Alexander the Great was considered a very lenient, even lax, commander for NOT doing so, and even he had every man, woman and child (and probably chicken) in Tyre put to the sword or enslaved to make an example of them when they caused too much trouble*.

I have at least two characters who wouldn't hesitate for a second in killing the downed (actually, both would probably prefer to take them home and sacrifice them properly) - we had the Humakti do the job against the Trolls.

It was a fact of life - if you were lucky, it was quick and simple. Otherwise it was crucifiction, sacrifice, or slowly bleeding to death. It's just a part of the lifestyle...

Wulf