Re: Talk to soul

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 12:57:00 -0000

>Antonio
> Have you invented some "background elements" for the ritual in your
games [sorry because the last question is probably better suited to the HeroWars list]

off the top of my head I would be inspired by the practice of siethr by the volva in Scandanvaian coutries. Go to http://www.vikinganswerlady.org/ then narvigate via Mythology and Religion In Viking Age Scandinavia and Women and Magic in the Sagas. Read the accounts there. From them to treat the Ty Kora Tex crone as the volva on the high seat, providing a mouthpiece for the dead soul I would change some of the ritual elements though. I cannot wquite see the cat or featehr association working here. Covering herself with a hood, cloak, hide, or blanket could be a good element to use though (LM does this to learn the Summons of Evil ritual so it seems appropriate).

Hope that helps.