Re: Talk to soul

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 10:34:00 -0400

At 06:50 PM 9/9/2002 +1200, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>At 05:58 PM 9/8/02 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >I think that Ty Kora Tek has working and usable relationships with the
> >other members of the Storm Tribe.
>
>Ty Kora Tek isn't part of the Storm Realm but resides in the Earth
>Realm. Any working and usable relationships are through her
>daughter Ernalda. Hence I think it difficult for her devotees to
>contact the ancestors in the Storm Realm.

I may need to invoke the IMG (in my Glorantha) here, but since TKT handles all the dead, I think that she is part of the Storm Tribe or, if you like, the Storm pantheon, as in Worship Storm Pantheon includes her. Her worshippers may not be involved in handling Humakti dead (ST p. 89), but that reference doesn't exclude them from the pre-burial rites and I don't know of any other reference that excludes TKT from handling any particular type of corpses.

I suspect that TKT is perceived differently in Esrolia, where I also suspect that Asrelia can be worshipped separately and through more than one subcult as well (IMG if necessary), but in Sartar, TKT is part of the Storm pantheon.

> >I would also allow a new feat (or
> >even a more mundane ability) to aid the ritual further (by augmentation)
> >for a soul in Humakt's, or maybe even Issaries', realms based on the
> >working relationship described on ST p. 196.
>
>Issaries' realm is the Storm Realm while Humakt would have a great
>dislike of people leaving his realm.

See above for my thoughts on the connectedness of the Storm pantheon. For Humakt, this ignores my suggestion that the Talk to Soul ritual could involve the celebrant going to the soul in the Other Side. It also assumes that talking to the soul involves the soul leaving Humakt's realm rather than the TKT worshipper going to the door to speak with the soul or following other Darkness pantheon (ST p. 196) paths to Humakt's realm (which contains the entire Underworld and therefore probably has Darkness pantheon connections).

> >The Storm Tribe also includes Kolat and
> >Serdrodosa, and they have demesnes accessible from the Storm Tribe god
> >plane,
>
>The demesnes are not directly accessible from the Storm Realm.

I'm using the reference to Kolat's Cave of the Winds being hidden somewhere on the peak of Doktados Mountain (TR p. 135) to infer that Kolat's demesne is accessible from the Storm Realm. I choose to follow the later published Storm Tribe over the known-due-to-be-corrected HW: RiG on this. I don't know of any _published_ sources that either of us can use to argue about whether or not Serdrodosa's demesne is accessible from the Storm Realm, but since she is Asrelia worshipped as a spirit (HW p. 250), IMG access to her realm is through that hole under Asrelia's stool (ST p. 196).

Thanks,
Andy