Re: Digest Number 1020

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:17:12 EDT

In a message dated 25/09/02 17:04:12 GMT Daylight Time, hw-rules_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< Realistically bowhunters get pretty good kill percentages against  large mammals such as deer but then deer are not smart enough to  realise that a man with a bow 20 paces away is a deadly threat >>

Is this true? I thought that stabbing wounds were not a very quick way of killing someone, as evidenced by the mulitple stab wounds in most dagger murders because the victim remains standing depite all the perforations.

What I'm implying is that although the arrow might go through the victoms body, and might kill him in the long run, he is likely to be able to call on his buddies, splutter a blood drenched curse on you, attack you even though he will die later.

Anyway, I guess I am being irrelevant to the HW-rules - pick your genre is the correct answer

Keith