Re: Digest Number 1020

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:58:26 -0000

That was covered in the next sentence "These kills can often include animals that are disabled but which take a while to die or which need finishing off". Apparently the animal usually goes into shock after a brief panicked response.

It depends what you mean by quick, which in this case I suspect should be measured against the time needed to get the victim to a decent healer.

> What I'm implying is that although the arrow might go through the
victoms
> body, and might kill him in the long run, he is likely to be able
to call on
> his buddies,

Yes, hopefully the archer has enough of a head-start to get away.

>splutter a blood drenched curse on you,

I would have thought this was almost mandatory :)

>attack you even though
> he will die later.

Trickier against an archer than against a man with a dagger, I suspect you will run out of breath pretty quickly when running with an arrow through a lung. Ideal for berserkers of course.

--
Nic