Re: Blocking Coup de Grace

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:29:18 -0700 (PDT)

:-)

I really like it.
I enjoyed a contest, some sessions ago, where an Orlanthi was being stricken down by a Furious Irrippi Ontor on a Quest.
A playing-fellow of the Orlanthi (an Etyries priest) cried to the IO:
"Stop, in the name of the Governor General Fazzur Wideread".

I allowed the Etyries to "attack" the IO with this shout, effectively removing a dozen of AP, because the IO stopped puzzled by the appearance of the Etyries merchant, the quoted authority name and the language (New Pelorian).

Then the Orlanthi rose from the floor, engaged him again and disarmed him: he surrendered, still confused by the Etyries' words.

Then the heroes explained their captive that they cheated him (of course the Orlanthi was not a loyal follower of Wideread's, in 1619, but the IO and the Etyries _were so_)...

Ciao,
Gian

New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo! http://sbc.yahoo.com