Handicap and Edge alternatives

From: atomikdog2001 <atomikdog2001_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:06:41 -0000

This has probably been addressed a dozen times but, I know from many previous posts I'm not alone in my dislike of Handicaps and Edges, and that from the talk they are likely to be done away with in HeroQuest. But I, and members of my group still heavily influenced by more wargamingesque games, feel that having a really big axe should count for something. So my question is how are people replacing this awkward mechanic, I'd rather not ignore the difference between opponents' arms and armor all together.