Re: Re: Animism Rules

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:19:56 -0700 (PDT)

Antonio wrote:
> It's logical, and I
> want to play many
> of these 'spiritual travels', but I can't stop the
> game every time a
> shaman wants to catch a more-powerful spirit. IIRC,
> taking spirits
> merely spending Hero Points give you a standart
> Might 12 spirit. I
> want to make a house rule for taking more powerful
> spirits if I don't
> want to play the travel, but I don't know how.

I don't stop the game.
Usually traditional spirits have a range of might (frex 1-5W).
A powerful shaman (with SpiritCombat/Spirit Travel 10W+), IMO, would merely catch by default the most powerful spirit without spending HP if he plays the spiritula hunt. If he (the player or the narrator) doesn't want to play it, he just spend 1 HP to improve the tradional Might up to tradition max.

He just spends more HP when he needs a new kind of spirit or if he searches for an exceptional sample of a traditional spirit (mightier than the books/sources say, in our example a 6W+ spirit).

Hope that helps.

ciao,
Gian

Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos & More http://faith.yahoo.com